As most of you know, I choose to work full time because I love my job, and I believe I am a better (albeit more disorganized) mother because I work. Despite these facts, it is still difficult leaving my girls every day. But we are so blessed to have both girls in a wonderful school / daycare on the Fort Myer Army Base. I rave to my friends about the love my girls receive from everyone at the school (including the lunch ladies!), but it is hard to put into words. However, early December, Kate was diagnosed with a bad case of RSV and had to stay home from school for a week. While being out of work for a week is incredibly difficult for a working parent, it was just as hard on her teachers who missed her. To send her well wishes, they sent a special Get Well Soon card home with Erin. Needless to say, I was sincerely touched by their love for my little girl, and their gesture only provided more proof of how blessed we are to have such wonderful women looking out for both girls while we are at work.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
So Blessed
As most of you know, I choose to work full time because I love my job, and I believe I am a better (albeit more disorganized) mother because I work. Despite these facts, it is still difficult leaving my girls every day. But we are so blessed to have both girls in a wonderful school / daycare on the Fort Myer Army Base. I rave to my friends about the love my girls receive from everyone at the school (including the lunch ladies!), but it is hard to put into words. However, early December, Kate was diagnosed with a bad case of RSV and had to stay home from school for a week. While being out of work for a week is incredibly difficult for a working parent, it was just as hard on her teachers who missed her. To send her well wishes, they sent a special Get Well Soon card home with Erin. Needless to say, I was sincerely touched by their love for my little girl, and their gesture only provided more proof of how blessed we are to have such wonderful women looking out for both girls while we are at work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment